Every business, industry association and non-profit has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic – and LBMG is no exception. But just like you, we are fighting back – supporting current and new clients - and providing any level of strategic communications and crisis management that may help during this difficult period. Contact us at 604-771-5176.
Who we are
What's our story?
We are a dynamic strategic communications firm that offers public relations, advertising and marketing services for public, private, and not-for-profit organizations.
We specialize in ensuring our clients meet their business objectives by looking through the lens of their target audience, be that media, sponsors, partners, employees, event attendees or the general public.
To engage audiences, share stories and inform opinions that enhance our clients’ brands and helps them achieve their business objectives.
How we give back
At LBMG we believe strongly in giving back to the communities where we live, work and play. Every year we donate up to $100,000 of our time and resources to organizations who are working to make lives better for Canadians. From mental health awareness and access to housing to anti-bullying initiatives and fighting poverty, we feel strongly about using our storytelling skills to inspire, educate and drive awareness.
We work with registered non-profit organizations, and we ask that you have the basic people, plan and funding to make your social change dream a reality when you come and talk to us. We will work with you to help make sure you are telling the right stories in the right places.
Share your vision with us about how you want to make change for the better by filling out our application here. We’d love to hear from you.
Organizations we've supported include:
- Courage to Come Back Awards
- Coast Mental Health Society
- Bullying Ends Here
- National Photographers Association of Canada
- We Live Here. We Give Here
- Surrey Memorial Hospital Foundation
- Skawachays Lodge Project
We’re a growing agency and always looking for talented and dynamic individuals who are passionate about public relations communications and advertising.
PR Account Manager
The Laura Ballance Media Group is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Public Relations /Communications Account Manager.
LBMG is a full-service, integrated public relations and advertising agency based in Vancouver. Our firm is well known for working with many of British Columbia and Canada’s most dynamic events, and organizations – including the Forest Products Association of Canada, Pacific National Exhibition, and Vancouver International Auto Show, among many others. No two days are the same at LBMG so flexibility is a must. A driver’s license is required.
Reporting to the Vice President, the qualified individual must have the ability to manage multiple client files and deliverables in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Liaise and build strong relationships directly with clients with the support of the senior management team
- Create strategic communications plans – and lead from concept through execution
- Develop a full suite of communication materials to support strategic plans, including but not limited to press releases, advisories, backgrounders, key messaging, brochures, newsletters, blog posts, e-blasts, and other promotional materials.
- Create and execute media pitches
- Liaise with journalists, organize interviews on behalf of clients, facilitate client interviews and story placement
- Plan and execute media events, including press conferences, technical briefings, and media tours
- Media escorts to events, interviews, and press conferences
- Degree or Diploma in Communications/Public Relations or Journalism
- Direct experience in communications/PR field, preferably with an agency
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated experience using applicable software programs including Mac OS platform, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong understanding of the BC and Canadian media landscape
- Demonstrated experience with social media tools and strategies
- Proven strategic planning, project management, research and technical skills
- Excellent writing ability with demonstrated knowledge of Canadian Press style guides
- Willingness to work flexible hours under changing conditions
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please state PR Account Manager.
In advance, we thank you for your application. We receive many applications and will respond to applicants who may best fit the position. All resumes will be kept on file should a suitable vacancy become available.