Laura Ballance Media Group (LBMG), a full service, integrated public relations and advertising agency based in Vancouver, has an immediate opening for a key media and public relations position.
Our firm is well known for working with many of British Columbia and Canada’s most dynamic events, and organizations – including the Forest Products Association of Canada; the Pacific National Exhibition; the Greater Vancouver Foodbank, Disney, MS Society of Canada/ BC Yukon Division among others.
Reporting to the VP and supported by the PR Director and Senior Account Manager, the senior PR Specialist Position will be filled by a qualified individual who must have the ability to manage multiple client files and deliverables in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
No two days are the same at LBMG – our staffs do not work a standard 9 am to 5 pm work week – so flexibility is a must, as is the ability to travel both in Canada and the US as well as to local client sites and offices.
- Act as Senior PR Specialist on a variety of projects, liaising directly with Account Managers and clients with the support of a senior management team
- Develop communication materials to support strategic plans, including but not limited to press releases, advisories, backgrounders, key messaging, brochures, newsletters, blog posts, e-blasts, and other promotional materials
- Developing social media content calendars and posting on behalf of clients to their social media channels
- Research and uncover news stories, liaise with journalists, facilitate client interviews and story placement
- Maintain appropriate network with media contacts locally, nationally and internationally
- Conduct media tracking, analysis, and summaries
- Provide on-site media relations and act as media escorts at events (some weekends)
- Assisting with event logistics
- Ensure information is disseminated to media in a timely and efficient manner
- Stuffing press kits, creating media lanyards
- Aiding with the accreditation process (background checks and implementing details into an excel document)
- Creating internal and external communication documents for clients
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in PR, communications or media field
- Degree or diploma with degree-equivalent work experience in Communications/Public Relations or Journalism
- Demonstrated proficiency using applicable software programs including Mac OS platform, Internet, database, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Demonstrated proficiency with social media tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of media landscape in Canada
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines when faced with multiple requests for action from a variety of sources
- Great people skills, on the telephone and in person
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
This is a salaried full-time position, three weeks vacation and benefits. LBMG will provide the successful candidate with a company cell phone and laptop in order to complete work tasks.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please state Senior PR Specialist.
In advance, we thank you for your application for employment at Laura Ballance Media Group. We receive a lot of applications and are only able to respond to applications who may be the best fit. However, all resumes will be kept on file should another suitable vacancy become available in the future.