Laura Ballance Media Group (LBMG), a full service, integrated public relations and advertising agency based in Vancouver, has an immediate opening for a media and public relations position as we grow our multi-faceted team.
Our firm is well known for working with many of Vancouver and Canada’s most dynamic events, and organizations – including the Forest Products Association of Canada; the Pacific National Exhibition; Coast Capital Savings; New Car Dealers of British Columbia and various local governments, among others.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Senior Account Manager position will be filled by a qualified individual who must have the ability to manage multiple client files and deliverables in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
- Act as Senior Public Relations Account Manager on a variety of projects, liaising and building strong relationships directly with clients with the support of senior management team
- Create strategic communications plans – and lead from concept through execution
- Develop full suite of communication materials to support strategic plans, including but not limited to press releases, advisories, backgrounders, key messaging, brochures, newsletters, blog posts, e-blasts and other promotional materials.
- Overseeing coordinators/interns to create content calendars for social media – ensuring that the social media strategy is being properly executed
- Create and execute media pitches in both the Canadian and US markets while under tight schedules
- Manage, mentoring, and coaching Account Coordinators and Interns
- Overseeing the building and development of pitch lists by coordinators/interns
- Understand, build and maintain an appropriate network with local, national and international media, both traditional and emerging
- Liaise with journalists, organize interviews on behalf of clients, facilitate client interviews and story placement
- Provide timely and strategic communications advice to clients
- Planning and executing media events, including press conferences, technical briefings and media tours
- Media escorts to events, interviews and press conferences
- Creating a wrap report at the completion of a campaign
- Degree or Diploma in Communications/Public Relations or Journalism
- Minimum 5+ years direct experience in communications/PR field, preferably with an agency
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated experience using applicable software programs including Mac OS platform, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong understanding of the Canadian and US media landscape
- Demonstrated experience with social media tools and strategies
- Proven strategic planning, project management, research and technical skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently and within a small team
- Excellent writing ability with demonstrated knowledge of Canadian Press style guides
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines when faced with multiple requests for action from a variety of sources
- Willingness to work flexible hours under changing conditions
- Minimum class 5 driver’s license
This is a salaried full-time position, three weeks vacation and full benefits after three months. LBMG offers a flexible work week and educational support. LBMG will provide the successful candidate with a company cell phone and laptop in order to complete work tasks.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please state Senior PR Account Manager.
In advance, we thank you for your application for employment at Laura Ballance Media Group. We receive a lot of applications and are only able to respond to applications who may be the best fit. However all resumes will be kept on file should another suitable vacancy become available in the future.
Due to the hectic nature of our business, phone calls and/or drop-ins will not be accepted.