The Laura Ballance Media Group is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Public Relations Coordinator.
LBMG is a full service, integrated public relations and advertising agency based in Vancouver. Our firm is well known for working with many of British Columbia and Canada’s most dynamic events, and organizations – including the Forest Products Association of Canada, Pacific National Exhibition, and Vancouver International Auto Show, among many others. We have a flexible work space/environment. No two days are the same at LBMG so flexibility is a must, and a driver’s licence is required
Reporting to the VP and supported by a PR Account Manager, the PR Account Coordinator position will be filled by a qualified individual who must have the ability to manage multiple client files and deliverables in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
- Act as Public Relations Account Coordinator on a variety of projects, liaising directly with PR Account Manager and occasionally clients with the support of a senior management team
- Develop communication materials to support strategic plans, including but not limited to press releases, advisories, backgrounders, key messaging, blog posts, e-blasts and other promotional materials
- Developing social media content calendars and posting on behalf of clients to their social media channels
- Research and uncover news stories, liaise with journalists, facilitate client interviews and story placement
- Maintain appropriate network with media contacts
- Conduct media tracking, analysis and summaries
- Provide on-site media relations and act as media escorts at events (some weekends)
- Assisting with event logistics
- Ensure information is disseminated to media in a timely and efficient manner
- Stuffing press kits, creating media lanyards
- Aiding with the accreditation process (background checks and implementing details into an excel document)
- Creating internal and external communication documents for clients
- Various administrative tasks as required
- Degree, Certificate or Diploma in Communications/Public Relations or Journalism
- Demonstrated experience using applicable software programs including Mac OS platform, Internet, database, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Demonstrated experience with social media tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of media landscape in BC
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines when faced with multiple requests for action from a variety of sources
- Great people skills, on telephone and in person
- Flexible hours
This is a salaried full-time position, three weeks vacation and benefits.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In advance, we thank you for your application for employment at Laura Ballance Media Group. We receive a lot of applications and are only able to respond to applications who may be the best fit. However, all resumes will be kept on file should another suitable vacancy become available in the future.
Due to the hectic nature of our business, phone calls and/or drop-ins will not be accepted.