The Laura Ballance Media Group is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Account Director.
LBMG is a full service, integrated public relations and advertising agency based in Vancouver. Our firm is well known for working with many of British Columbia and Canada’s most dynamic events, and organizations – including the Forest Products Association of Canada, Pacific National Exhibition, and Vancouver International Auto Show, among many others. No two days are the same at LBMG so flexibility is a must. A driver’s licence is required.
Reporting to the Vice President, the qualified individual must have the ability to manage multiple client files and deliverables in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Liaise and build strong relationships directly with clients with the support of the Vice-President & President
- Create strategic communications plans – and lead from concept through execution
- Develop full suite of communication materials to support strategic plans, including but not limited to press releases, advisories, backgrounders, key messaging, brochures, newsletters, blog posts, e-blasts and other promotional materials.
- Create and execute media pitches
- Liaise with journalists, organize interviews on behalf of clients, facilitate client interviews and story placement
- Plan and execute media events, including press conferences, technical briefings and media tours
- Media escorts to events, interviews and press conferences
- Degree or Diploma in Communications/Public Relations or Journalism
- Minimum 5+ years direct experience in communications/PR field, preferably with an agency
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated experience using applicable software programs including Mac OS platform, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong understanding of the Canadian and US media landscape
- Demonstrated experience with social media tools and strategies
- Proven strategic planning, project management, research and technical skills
- Excellent writing ability with demonstrated knowledge of Canadian Press style guides
- Willingness to work flexible hours under changing conditions
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please state Account Director.
In advance, we thank you for your application. We receive many applications and will respond to applicants who may best fit the position. All resumes will be kept on file should a suitable vacancy become available.